Sunday, September 2, 2018

"Success is the Ability to go from one Failure to another with no loss of Enthusiasm"

Week 6 is now know as my favourite week of term 3 this far. I have gained so much motivation in myself that I’m starting to see a change. I am beginning to use time wisely and since I struggle to sleep at night, I found it useful to complete as much work as I possibly can to make up for the hours I wasted in my classes. I don’t see staying up late to complete assessments as a punishment whatsoever, but another step to achieving my goals that I have set throughout my life. I am proud of the obstacles that I have overcome and all temptations that I can now see right through. I am not going to let anyone take advantage of me and my time of learning anymore, because I’ve seen what the consequences are.

On Tuesday we had the opportunity to support the Kaiawhina with their year 9 classes and it wasn’t as bad as I thought that it was going to be. It was a great experience and by joining them with support, I have found interest in interacting with the junior school. I will be joining a group project with a group from the Employment skills class in order to gain more confidence in communication and to be interactive and supportive with the juniors. Although it was nerve racking, I look forward to seeing them sometime next week. I have matured myself and really want to improve on being seen as a leader so I am able to provide great values in leadership.

So far, I have been writing a lot for most of my subjects - English, Science, Geography… - actually all of my subjects. I have started to see writing as a way that allows me to express myself. If I was to be honest, I didn’t see a purpose in blogging and always wondered why we had to do this, but I have realized that not only does it help you know what I have been improving on and doing wrong during every week but it also helps me think about the things that I have to complete next, what I need to improve. By expressing my achievements of the week I am able to identify what my next steps are and now, I can see a purpose in blogging. I give up on myself a lot through every failure I have presented, but I will persevere until I achieve every goal I have set no matter how unrealistic it is, I am ambitious.

Michelle Vainerere.

3 comments:

  1. Kia orana Michelle Im very pleased you can see the value in blogging. It does make you pause for a moment and consider where you are going with your life at that moment, and what changes you need to make. I think it also is a good tool for self-reflection which others can imitate and follow. Your writing is of a very high quality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure does! Ae, e tano rai taau. You're right, this is a great reflection on what goals I have yet to complete. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Michelle. Thank you for sharing your blog. I am glad you have found a use for reflecting on your experiences. Can you please keep us updated on how things are progressing for yourself

    ReplyDelete