Thursday, August 23, 2018

"Temptation is Temporary, but Your Choice Makes it History"


First of all, I’d like to apologize for my delay in blogging.

Today my quote for Week 5 of Term 3 is ‘Temptation is temporary but your choice makes it history’
due to the fact that it relates to me so much. I am quite proud to announce that I have been keeping
my head in the game, I have recently completed an internal assessment for Geography which is a big
deal for me, seeing that this is one of the most difficult subjects I have and seems to be the class I am
most distracted in, if I was to be honest. I have a lot of friends in this class who like to gossip, but
while they talk about everyday life and issues, I don’t like to come off rude to them but I am learning
to ignore what they say or nod my head with little interest - I am grateful for one of my friends who
tend to keep people from talking to me while I’m in my zone. If I am unaware of a task, I ask for
teacher guidance all the way through. I have been helping out my friends with comprehension
understanding towards topics they struggle with and I try my best to help them complete the
assessments that are due. I am up to date with my ICT and with one more assessment which is due
to be presented in Week 7, I will pass this class.

One thing I need to improve and develop with is my attendance. I haven’t been attending school
lately, due to medical reasons and sickness, but although I’m required to stay home, I try and
complete as many assessments as I can. I need to keep my head in the game, but I am learning to
gain self-motivation even through the situations I face. I am thrilled and excited for Saturday, I
am beginning to really push my limits above my standards and meet the expectations that people
really see in me. I took advantage of time through each class, I didn’t realize how precious it is in
regards to how many assessments I have yet to complete, I have met my consequences and will
not continue the way I have been through the past 2 terms and a half.  I am strong-willed and
ambitious, and I will make sure that my temporary lust for distraction will only be destroyed
with the right choice in order for me to succeed to my full extent.

Michelle Vainerere

1 comment:

  1. I am very happy to read your post Michelle. Its honesty and clarity is very refreshing. You have made excellent decisions and your maturity is showing through these. I do wish you a very enjoyable day on Saturday as well as every success in your ongoing commitment to your studies.

    ReplyDelete